Adds a slug field for human-readable anchors ("domain.com/page/#my-section") to TYPO3 content elements. By default, this anchor is rendered as the header's id attribute.
You can find a more detailed documentation including several screenshots and how-tos on docs.typo3.org (HTML) and in the
Documentation/ folder (ReST).
"Speaking URLs" are a must-have feature for web pages. TYPO3 v9 and newer provide the Routing feature for this, former TYPO3 versions needed the third-party extensions RealURL or CoolUri.
TYPO3 also provides the navigational content elements "Section menu" and "Section index of subpages from selected pages", which will build a list of pages and their included content elements.
These content elements will be linked by their unique id, e.g.:
It's working well, but it's not human-readable.
First of all, this extension provides human-readable URL fragments for TYPO3 content elements:
Furthermore, the extension allows to set anchor links next to the header. An editor can activate these with a checkbox for individual content elements.
- Editors can set individual, human-readable fragment identifiers per content element.
- Editors can activate anchor links to headers per content element.
- Fallback: If no fragment is given, the default link is used in section menus.
- Evaluation #1: Only supported characters are stored. Special characters are replaced.
- Evaluation #2: All content elements on the same page will get a unique fragment identifier.
- Error prevention: By default, the fragments are prepended with the uid of the content element.
- Of course, the Fluid templates can be customized to your needs.
TYPO3 8.7.0 - 10.4.99
The extension needs to be installed as any other extension of TYPO3 CMS.
Perform the following steps:
- Load and install the extension.
- Include the static template "Speaking URL fragments (anchors) (content_slug)" into your TypoScript template.
- Add permissions for the new
tx_content_slug_linkfor your editors.
- Customize the Fluid templates, if necessary.