Personal homepage of Alain Schlesser - version 3
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2021-10-01 19:13:38 UTC
Disclaimer: There is no official support for this environment. Our team at Google is using it, and we are happy to share it and collaborate on it with the WordPress community. The environment is still in a very early development stage, so use it at your own risk.
- Standalone Development Environment based on Lando, which itself requires Docker
- WordPress Core Development Repository via Git and Subversion, allowing to seamlessly use both within a single directory
- WordPress Plugin & Theme Development Environment, decoupled from Core Development Repository
- PHPUnit & PHPCodeSniffer
- NPM & Grunt
- Install the latest version of Lando via a GitHub DMG file. You also need to have Docker installed, but Lando will take care of that for you if you don't.
- Clone this repository into a directory of your choice. Navigate to that directory.
lando start. When doing this for the first time, it will set the environment up for you, so it will take a bit longer than on subsequent starts.
- Access your site under
https://wordpressdev.lndo.site/. If you're having trouble connecting, you may be facing the DNS Rebinding Protection issue. To fix this, and to ensure you can develop while offline, follow the Working Offline steps. In other words, add the following to your host machine's
If this is your very first Lando project, make sure that your system trusts the SSL certificate that Lando generates via:
sudo security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustRoot -k /Library/Keychains/System.keychain ~/.lando/certs/lndo.site.pem You might need to restart your browser to see the change being reflected.
An additional note on Lando: The project is currently approaching its version 3.0 release, with frequent RC releases. As this environment is based on that latest version, make sure to check back for new Lando versions regularly.
- WordPress core contributions are done in the
public/core-devdirectory which is both a Git clone and SVN checkout. To update the Git and SVN in tandem, do
git svn-upin that directory to update to the latest
master. To switch/update another branch, do
git svn-up $branch. This
git svn-upcommand is an alias to the repo's
- WordPress plugin and theme development should happen in
public/content, which is a custom
wp-contentdirectory, decoupled from the WordPress core repository. The environment automatically takes care of setting WordPress constants appropriately so that the core and content directories are connected, so you don't need to worry about this.
- You can use
lando stopto turn off the environment and
lando startto restart it again later. You can learn more about available commands in the Lando documentation.
- You can customize the environment. Variables placed in a custom
.envfile in the root directory will override similar variables from the
.env.basefile. Custom CLI configuration can be set up via a
wp-cli.local.ymlfile (taking precedence over
wp-cli.yml), and even custom Lando configuration is possible via a
.lando.ymlfile (taking precedence over
.lando.base.yml). For changes to the Lando configuration or environment variables, you will need to run
lando rebuildto apply them.
Any kind of contributions to WordPressDev are welcome. Please read the contributing guidelines to get started.