Magento configurable attribute option order fix
Please note: According to the bug report, Magento have scheduled a patch for this issue to be released (CE 1.9.3):
The issue is scheduled for next minor (not patch) release that is expected in H1 2016.
When this patch is deployed, this module will be marked as deprecated. It will remain available for anyone who wants to use it in older versions of Magento (pre 1.9.3).
A module to re-apply the relevance ordering for configurable attribute options in Magento CE 1.9.1, 1.9.2 or EE 1.14.2.
Why? The logic was changed in the recent version of core Magento to avoid nested
foreach statements, but in turn lost the relevance ordering in favour of ordering by the attribute IDs.
You can use this extension module to restore to relevance ordering until the core resource model has been updated by Magento.
$ composer require robbieaverill/magento-attribute-option-order-fix
This is the preferred installation method, unless installing manually.
$ modman init $ modman clone https://github.com/robbieaverill/magento-attribute-option-order-fix
- Clone this repository
- Copy the
app/code/localfiles into your Magento codebase
- Copy the
app/etc/modules/RobbieAverill_AttributeFix.xmlfile into your
- Clear your cache
- Updated to work correctly on Magento CE 1.9.2
- Uses traits, so no longer supports PHP 5.3 or lower. Minimum 5.4 required.
- Added Packagist support. Updated composer PHP version requirement to 5.4.
- Fix #11 - prices cleared when creating simple products in admin
- Fix #12 - hot fix for empty attribute option arrays in the helper
- Fix #12 - added support for ordering swatch options
- Removed support for PHP 5.3 as we use traits now
- #10 - added
composer.jsonfor composer installation.
- Fix #9 - clash between keys and values (thanks @bincani)
- Added configuration unit tests
- Added Travis CI build configuration
- Updated docblocks and readme
selfinstead of the full class name
modmanconfig file (@ngongoll)
- Compatibility check against Magento CE 1.9.2
- Initial module added
- Use rewrite of configurable attribute collection model