Dummy mail recipient and client using mail() function in php
- PHP5.6+ - It is PHP5.6 and PHP7 compatible: We use the Class::class which is only present in versions from PHP5.6 on
- [path_to_phpdummymail]/mails/ and [path_to_phpdummymail]/logs/ folders should be writable for the web service user (www-data on debian, apache on rhel/centos based)
Installation is simple:
- Clone or install (choose your path):
- Git clone into a folder
- Run 'composer install' (DO NOT run 'composer update'!)
- Composer: "composer create-project -s dev reestyle/phpdummymail phpdummymail"
- Git clone into a folder
- Edit your php.ini (both CGI and CLI!) and edit the following line:
- sendmail_path = [path_to_phpdummymail]/receiver.php
- Restart web service if necessary (e.g. apache fpm need to)
- Run: php tester.php
- Create an alias to the [path_to_phpdummymail]/htdocs/ in your apache config (or whatever flavor webservice you're using) and set index.php as primary file to invoke
- Edit htdocs/config/config.php and replace '/phpdummymail' with the alias you used. You may alter the other configuration items at your own risk.
- Within your browser go to the alias you just created
- It should already work
- Hit the refresh button to update mails
Done, it should already be running. The interface should be pretty self-explanatory.
Use and distribution of this software requires you to abide these simple rules:
This software 'FREE' and I want it to stay 'FREE': Free of use and distribution.
You are not granted to:
- the privilege to charge others for the use this software, other than for support or initial installation. A man (or woman) has to make a living.
You are granted to:
- the freedom to use this and/or its components in whatever product you wish create; I also grant you the freedom to take this software, change it into anything you like; As long as you do NOT charge any entity, whether a business or real person, for the use of this software.
- the freedom to request or demand a fee for the part that you created yourself - whether 'you' are an entity such as a company or a real person.
- Always include the full bundle, leave no part out
- hold me responsible for any damage, monetary or otherwise, when something goes wrong while you, in any way, use this software.
Important: The application uses Composer, jQuery, Bootstrap, FontAwesome and BootBox. These packages have their own license form. Please abide by them!
If you wish to:
- participate in the project, feel free to do so by forking.
- donate to the project, you can transfer the funds to my PayPal account.
Important notice Remember that this software is primarily aimed at development enthusiasts that need a simple mail catching tool to see what their application produces after it's sent, given that your application is able to use the internal mail() function.