Another cache library.
ACache - another PHP cache library.
<?php require_once __DIR__.'/vendor/autoload.php'; $cache = new Radebatz\ACache\ArrayCache(); $cache->save('yin', 'yang'); echo 'yin and '.$cache->fetch('yin');
ACache requires PHP 7.1 or later.
Install the latest version with
$ composer require radebatz/acache
ACache is inspired by the doctrine cache component. In fact, there is even a decorator to allow you to use any ACache instance in place of doctrine cache.
Since some features were hard to add on top of that I ended up writing my own :)
Radebatz\ACache\Cache interface allows to explicitely use a namespace for any given id.
<?php include 'vendor/autoload.php'; define('MY_NAMESPACE', 'my'); $cache = new Radebatz\ACache\ArrayCache(); $cache->save('yin', 'yang', MY_NAMESPACE); echo 'my yin and '.$cache->fetch('yin', MY_NAMESPACE).PHP_EOL;
While that works well it sometimes is desirable to do this a little bit more transparent (and save some typing).
<?php include 'vendor/autoload.php'; define('MY_NAMESPACE', 'my'); $cache = new Radebatz\ACache\ArrayCache(); // wrap given cache in namespace $myCache = new Radebatz\ACache\NamespaceCache($cache, MY_NAMESPACE); $myCache->save('yin', 'yang'); echo 'my yin and '.$myCache->fetch('yin').PHP_EOL; // or, using the decorated cache directly echo 'my yin and '.$cache->fetch('yin', MY_NAMESPACE).PHP_EOL;
Wrapping an existing cache instance in a
Radebatz\ACache\NamespaceCache effectively allows to partition that cache without the need to
carry the namespace around for all method calls.
Sometimes losing and re-building your cache due to a reboot or similar can be quite expensive. One way to cope with that is by using a multi-level cache.
A fast (non-persistent) cache is used as primary cache. If an entry cannot be found in that (for example, due to a reboot) it will fall back to a persistent cache (filesystem, db). Only if all configured cache instances are queried an entry would be declared as not found.
<?php include 'vendor/autoload.php'; // two level cache stack $cache = new Radebatz\ACache\MultiLevelCache(array( new Radebatz\ACache\ArrayCache(), new Radebatz\ACache\FilesystemCache(__DIR__.'/cache') )); // save both in ArrayCache and FilesystemCache $cache->save('yin', 'yang'); // lookup will only use ArrayCache echo 'my yin and '.$cache->fetch('yin').PHP_EOL;
Running the same code again will result in the same output, even if the
save() call is commented out.
<?php include 'vendor/autoload.php'; $cache = new Radebatz\ACache\MultiLevelCache(array( new Radebatz\ACache\ArrayCache(), new Radebatz\ACache\FilesystemCache(__DIR__.'/cache') )); // save both in ArrayCache and FilesystemCache //$cache->save('yin', 'yang'); // lookup will only use ArrayCache echo 'my yin and '.$cache->fetch('yin').PHP_EOL;
Radebatz\ACache\ArrayCache instance will be empty and the
Radebatz\ACache\MultiLevelCache will fall back to using the file based cache to lookup (and find)
the cache entry.
Both namespace and multi-level cache instances can be arbitrary nested.
All cache instances can be used as
Psr\Cache\CacheItemPoolInterface instances by wrapping them in a Psr decorator.
use Radebatz\ACache\ArrayCache; use Radebatz\ACache\Decorators\Psr\CacheItemPool; $cache = new ArrayCache(); $psrCache = new CacheItemPool($cache); $cacheItem = $prsCache->getItem('foo'); ...
ACache comes with a pretty complete set of tests for a single cache instance and also combinations of multi-level and namespace caches.
ACache is licensed under the MIT license.
All issues that break backwards compatibility are flagged [BC].
- [BC] make namespace last argument of
- add changelog to provide upgrade details [#8]
DoctrineCachedecorator class [#9]
- make autoloader use prs-4
- allow to override defaults in PHPUnit tests [#12]
- [BC] allow to configure a default time-to-live [#7]
This changes the default of
$lifeTimeargument of the
- add some sort of GC to ApcCache [#16]
- [BC] Refactor Apc GC into separat class [#18]
- Add log support to MultiLevelCache [#1]
- Streamline multi level cache stack validation
- Add psr-6 support
- Add option to allow ArrayCache instances to share a single cache instance [#27]
- Integrate 'cache/integrationtests' (PHP5.4+ only)
- [BC] Refactor permission options [#32], [#33]
- Add hardFlush option to FilesystemCache to allow to delete directories on flush too [#34]
- Saving expired (lifeTime < 0) should behave like delete [#39]
- Fix ApcCache::flush() in hhvm [#41]
- Fix invalid offset warning in MultiLevelCace when stripping unavailable cache from stack [#45]
- Refactor cache/integraton-tests test classes
- Fix APC being reported unavailable with PHP7 [#47]
- drop support for PHP 5.3, 5.4 and remove from test matrix
- add PHP 7.1 and 7.2 to test matrix
- drop support for PHP 5.5 and hhvm
- validate against cache/integration-tests
- disable chmod/chown/chgrp warnings in FilesystemCache
- add CS rules
- update dev dependencies
- disable more chmod/chown/chgrp warnings in FilesystemCache