Watch how this package DESTROYS all other generators. Boilerplate repos HATE it!
Create new web projects really fast. By giving Pipe Dream a minimum of input in form of a sketch/entity list it will predict your application schema and feed it into a set of pipes. These pipes will generate all the files needed to get started really quick.
composer require --dev pipe-dream/laravel
Thats it, now open your browser and go to
/pipe-dream and start designing.
If you havent already, watch the 2 minute video.
- List your models and tables in the sketch window. Note the schema is created in real-time and is being displayed on the right side of the screen.
- Here are some pointers on the sketch syntax
// use PascalCase for models Garage location capacity // Separate your entities into chunks Car color user_id // foreign key // use snake_case model1_model2 to setup a ManyToMany relationship car_garage // use button to add a default user system User name email email_verified_at password remember_token // use snake_case to create a table password_resets email token
- Review the list of files that are going to be created.
- Commit the files to disk.
- You are now ready to migrate and seed. Go ahead and check out the API (at
/api), that contains placeholder values
This package is still very much in development. Below is a rough plan for the future.
- The main goal of the alpha is to act as a proof of concept specifically for Laravel applications.
- Bug fixes will continiue until the alpha is stable.
- New features will be added only if the work required is reasonable.
- Complex new features or non critical bug fixes might be postponed to the Beta version.
- Backend and frontend interfaces/API specifications are supplied to make it clear what other implementations need to conform to.
- When the beta is stable we will bump it up to v1.0.0
Help us out by simply trying this package. Feel free to post issues if you have a question, find a bug, have some idea for improvement or if you just want to share your experience. PRs are more than welcome, you dont need to be a pro. Start by looking at this Trello board listing all the stuff that needs to get done.
Follow me on twitter: @ajthinking