Magento 2 Google Maps Extension
M2 Google Maps extension by Mageplaza allows stores to set the location on the web page. The Contact Us page with information about real location will make your site become more professional and reliable in the customer’s mind.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This version of Mageplaza Google Maps extension on Github is free as a contribution to the Magento community from Mageplaza. This package does not include the technical support. Should you need technical support for this extension, you will have to buy a license from Mageplaza. Click here to buy.
Q: I got error: Mageplaza_Core has been already defined
A: Read solution here.
Q: Where the map can be displayed on my page?
A: Google Maps can be set at the top or bottom of Contact Page, by navigating to
Store > Settings > Configuration > Mageplaza Extensions > Google Maps > General > Position and select the appropriate position.
Q: Can I customize how the map can be seen on the website?
A: Absolutely yes, there are 4 map types and 10 map styles for you to choose.
Q: Can the customer drag and zoom in/out the map?
A: The customer can easily drag to see the surrounding area of the store. However, it is unable to zoom the map, this feature is available in Mageplaza Store Locator.
Q: How my store will look like on the map?
A: There is a customizable Marker showing the exact position of your store. You can freely choose the Marker icon to be displayed.
Q: Will the map be available on mobile devices?
A: Yes, the extension works well on the mobile version.
Install via composer (recommend)
Run the following command in Magento 2 root folder:
With Marketing Automation (recommend):
composer require mageplaza/module-google-maps mageplaza/module-smtp php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Without Marketing Automation:
composer require mageplaza/module-google-maps php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
No more boring text to show the store location, store owners now can get the Contact Page with a more eye-catching view by Google Maps, with a marker showing exactly the store location. Magento 2 Google Maps extension by Mageplaza enable the store owner to set the position of the map at the top or bottom of the Contact Page.
Google Maps plugin let the website admin be possible to change how it appears on frontend flexibly. The marker showing the exact location can be configured freely. Furthermore, there are 4 options for map type which are:
And 10 available map styles:
- Blue Essence
- Dark Green
- Dark Grey
- Light Blue Water
- Light Dream
- Light Grey
- Mid Night
- Nature Color
Mageplaza Google Maps module offers 2 options to add a map on the website. The first option is using Google API key, which gets the allowance to be displayed map from Google. The second one is directly embedding Google iFrame code, which is more simple.
By using Google API key, once the address information is provided, GPS coordinates can be automatically defined according to the latitude and longitude. These coordinates can be adjusted by the admin, to get the exact location for the marker.
It is able to drag the map and see the surrounding area of the store location.
Magento 2 Google Maps can work well with both mobile and desktop devices.
Google Maps extension is responsive with Mageplaza Store Locator Extension. It is also compatible with almost third-party modules.
- Easily enable/ disable the Google Maps
- Select the map’s position on Contact Page
- 2 options to validate Google Map: Google API key/ Embedded code
- 4 options for map type
- 10 options for map style
- Enable/Disable map dragging
- Set default enlargement for map
- Adjustable Marker icon
- Automatically get GPS coordinates after inserting store address
- View store location more visually
- Visually view the location of the store
- Be able to drag the map and view the surrounding location
- Feel more reliable about the contact information
Magento 2 default Contact Us Page is too simple, it only allows displaying text. With the new extension Google Maps by Mageplaza, it is possible to easily get Google Maps displayed on the Contact Us Page. This also helps your store improve customer trust when they know your exact location.
Magento Admin, navigate to
Store > Settings > Configuration > Mageplaza Extensions > Google Maps.
- Enable: Select
Yesto activate Google Maps
- Insert on Contact Page: Select Yes to add Google Maps into the Contact Page and display Position field
- Position: Top and Bottom are 2 positions that are able to display the map on Contact Page
There are 2 map setting modes as follows:
1. Protocol = API
- Google API key: Insert Google API key. Get Google API key Here.
- Map Type: There are 4 map displaying options: Roadmap, Terrain, Satellite, and Hybrid.
- Map Style: Displayed map style on the frontend. There are 10 main popular map styles:
- Allow Map Dragging: Select
Yesto enable drag and drop on the map
- Zoom Default: The default map enlargement
- Marker Icon: The icon which marks the exact position on the map. The optima icon size is 20 x 20px.
Map Settings > Location Settings
- Address : Insert the address which need to be displayed on the map. Hit the button
Get GPS coordinatesto load Latitude and Longitude.
- Latitude: Enter the latitude of the location
- Longitude: Enter the longitude of the location
2. Protocol = Embed Code
With this method, it is possible to add the map on frontend interface by embedding Google iFrame code, without any of following map settings.
- Code: Embed Google iFrame code.
By adding widget, you can add the map wherever on the store. Widget can be created by the following steps:
Step 1: Login to Magento 2 Admin, move to
Content > Elements > Widgets
Step 2: Click the
Add Widget button to start widget setting
Mageplaza Google Mapsfor Type field,
Magento Lumafor Design Theme. Then click
Step 3: Fill up required information in Storefront Properties
Step 4: Choose the position to display the widget
Layout Updates > Click to
Add Layout Updates button
Save > System. Navigate to
Cache Management, hit the
Flush Magento Cache button.
Using Embed Code
People also search:
- magento 2 google maps
- how to add google map in magento 2 page
- magento 2 embed google maps
- magento 2 map
- google maps magento 2
- magento 2 google maps dealer locator
Other free Magento 2 extensions on Github
- Magento 2 SEO
- Magento 2 Geoip
- Magento 2 Delete Order
- Magento 2 GDPR extension
- Magento 2 Instagram Feed
- Magento 2 Social login free
- Magento 2 Twitter Widget
- Magento 2 Facebook Plugin
Get more Magento 2 extension on Marketplace: