Provides a table of contents for elements based on one or more articles within the page.
This extension provides a table of contents for elements based on one or more articles within the page.
This extension was previously published as ce_navigation and maintained by Tristan Lins.
Although the extension is based on ce-navigation, it is not backwards compatible. Configurations must be renewed.
- Contao: ^4.9
- PHP: ^7.1 || ^8.0
- Create a content element "Table of contents" and define the source
- Active option "Include in table of contents" for each content element
Now you get an content navigation for each element marked as included and having a headline.
You can define the source for the table of content structure depending where the content element is included:
- Article: Column, Specific article or parent element (current article)
- News: Parent element (news)
- Event: Parent element (event)
- FAQ: Parent element (FAQ entry)
If your 3rd party module also works like the news or events module (category defining a
jumpTo page and an entry
holding content elements), you can enable support for your own module by adding it to the
Only content elements of the direct source are recognized. Including articles or modules are not supported right now. That means, you cannot define a table of contents element in an article and building a content navigation for a news entry included by a news reader module.