Change customer password from admin side like old fashion way Magento 1
composer require ghoster/changecustomerpassword
Change Customer Password In Admin Magento 2 module is implements the form in customer edit which allow admin change customer password directly like old-fashion way Magento 1.
- Add a quick update Password button to customer view in Admin
Call the console command and pass the customers email address and the new password.
bin/magento customer:change-password email@example.com password123
If customer accounts are not shared between websites, a website code has to be specified with the
bin/magento customer:change-password --website base firstname.lastname@example.org password123
- Connect to your server with SSH
- Navigation to your project and run these commands
composer require ghoster/changecustomerpassword php bin/magento setup:upgrade rm -rf pub/static/* rm -rf var/* php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Download the files from github: Direct download link
- Extract archive and copy all directories to app/code/GhoSter/ChangeCustomerPassword
- Go to project home directory and execute these commands
php bin/magento setup:upgrade rm -rf pub/static/* rm -rf var/* php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
If this project help you reduce time to develop, you can give me a cup of coffee :)