Quickly backup and restore your local database after a test run.
Use this package to quickly backup and restore your database during test execution.
- A backup is created before any tests are executed.
- The database backup process will halt the execution plan if there is an error.
- The backup is restored after all tests have been executed.
- The restore plan will not execute if the backup has failed.
- Feel free to submit a PR, its pretty easy to add support for one.
This project is usually only suitable where the database is small and fairly quick to backup and restore. Using it locally can help when your tests amend the database state while executing and you need the data reset afterwards.
This extension is not yet unit tested so please report any bugs you may find to help the development of this extension. Thanks!
Sample behat.yml file
default: formatters: pretty: true suites: default: contexts: - FeatureContext extensions: Genesis\DBBackup\Extension: autoBackup: true autoRestore: true autoRemove: true backupPath: ./backups # You'll need to create this folder. keepClean: false # Will remove all backups test suite ends, can get rid of lingering files. connections: mysql: engine: mysql host: 127.0.0.1 port: 3307 dbname: cms username: cms password: cms schema: prefix: