Photon static site generator - base distribution
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2022-05-10 15:44:03 UTC
Photon is a static site generator based on Neos CMS technology.
- Content is stored in folders and files without needing a database
- A static version of the Neos Content Repository provides many of the same features like flexible and custom Node Types for structuring semantic content - by using folders and YAML files
- Content can be nested inside YAML files (but it can always be split in separate files)
- Photon does not use a fixed one-to-one mapping between files for the content and its output, like many other SSGs
- Generating something (it's not limited to HTML) from the content is fully flexible and based on Fusion (as one possible generator implementation)
- Fusion in Photon can use
FlowQueryto traverse static nodes almost like in the original content repository
- For now it's an experiment to see how static site generation and Neos can be brought together
composer create-project flowpack/photon-base-distribution -s dev photon-demo
./flow generate:content Flowpack.Photon.Demo
Flowpack.Photon.Demo/Resources/Private/Fusion/Root.fusion for a demo generator definition and
Flowpack.Photon.Demo/Resources/Private/Content for the static content layout.
All development is done in https://github.com/Flowpack/photon-development-collection, expect to find a lot of loose ends and bugs.