Template Engine, XML-centric and attribute-driven
FigDice is a templating engine for PHP. It differs from most of the popular template systems, in the way the presentation data are made available to templates: instead of pushing the data from Controller to View, you build Views that pull the data they need.
Try a Live Demo now!
Presentation and Tutorial:
- SitePoint | Getting Started With FigDice (English)
- php[architect] | December 2015 (English)
- GNU/Linux Magazine France | 158, March 2013 (French)
- Fast, easy and powerful Template Engine
- XML syntax for your Templates: you gain built-in validation
- Instructions are extended attributes inside your HTML tags: you can display your templates WYSIWYG in your browser/editor
- Manipulate your data with the help of a simple and powerful expression parser
- Built-in i18n, using keys/values from cached XML dictionaries
- Inclusions, loops, conditions, with a non-intrusive syntax inside the document
- No programming required, for the Template designers
- Hermetic separation between the application's layers (Presentation / Logics)
- Inversion of control: the Templates pull the data on-demand. The controllers need not know the templates by heart beforehand
Add the figdice dependency to the
require section of your
Browse the examples!
See Wiki for more details.