A PHP interface to the Twitter Streaming API.
A PHP interface to the Twitter Streaming API (firehose, etc). This library makes it easy to connect to and consume the Twitter stream via the Streaming API.
- Provide a simple interface to the Twitter Streaming API for PHP applications
- Comply to Streaming API recommendations for error handling, reconnection, etc
- Encourage well-behaved streaming API clients
- Operate independently of PHP extensions (ie: shared memory, PCNTL, etc)
- Handles connection/authentication to the twitter streaming API
- Consumes the stream handing off each status to be enqueued by a method of your choice
- Handles graceful reconnection/back-off on connection and API errors
- Monitors/reports performance metrics and errors
- Decode/process tweets
- Provide any sort of queueing mechanism for asynchronous processing (though some examples are included)
- Provide any sort of inter-process communication
- Provide any non-streaming API functionality (ie: user profile info, search, etc)
See the example subdirectory for example usage. In each example file you will need to insert your own oauth token/secret, and the key/secret for the Twitter app you have created.
- filter-oauth.php shows how to follow certain keywords.
- sample.php shows how to get a small random sample of all public statuses.
- userstream-alternative.php shows how to get user streams. (All activity for one user.)
- sitestream.php shows to how to get site streams. (All activity for multiple users.)
Please see the wiki for documentation.
- After upgrading to PHP 5.6.8, Phirehose causes CPU spikes. To fix, upgrade to PHP 5.6.9 (#83).
If you have any additional questions, head over to the Phirehose Users group [http://groups.google.com/group/phirehose-users]. It's recommended that you join (or at least regularly check) this group if you're actively using Phirehose so I can let you know when I release new versions.
Additionally, if you'd like to contact me directly, I'm @fennb on twitter.