This package contains handlers/processors for sending logs of monolog to a slack channel.
This is a package that can help you send logs through monolog to Slack using webhooks. Monolog already has a handler for Slack using Webhooks but I am not in favor of it for these reasons:
It has some bugs
- Slack accepts 2000 characters. For more details see. Current package is not able to send more than 2000 characters but it is able to send until 2000 characters and be well formatted.
- Monolog has the
WhatFailureGroupHandlerbut I consider it simpler not to wrap my handler around another handler and have a simpler and faster logic see
- SlackWebhookHandler does not have timeouts and it executes retries when slack service is down see
- Current package gives you the ability to add a custom formatter to the
SlackwebhookHandlerin order to format Attachments. Monolog allows you to pass a formatter to SlackHandlers but the formatter is applied only to simple messages of slack and they are not applied for Attachments.
- I have created my custom formatters and I tend to like the formatting of Slack Records that I have created more than the one that monolog has.
You can install this package through composer
$ composer require webthink/monolog-slack
You can initialize a
SlackWebhookHandler simple with the following lines:
$handler = new SlackWebhookHandler('your_webhook_url');
Now if you need to pass a custom slack formatter then you need to do the following:
- Note-1: The formatter passed inside the slack handler must be an instance of
- Note-2: If you do not pass a custom Formatter SlackWebhookHandler users the
- Note-3: Some of the settings passed during constructing the Handler are overridden by the Formatter passed.
SlackWebhookHandler you can inject your PSR-18 HTTP client.
$handler = new SlackWebhookHandler('your_webhook_url', null, null, LogLevel::ERROR, true, $client);`
If no PSR-18 HTTP client is passed as argument then
SlackwebhookHandler initializes a
\Http\Adapter\Guzzle6\Client by default.
The initialized client has Timeout and Connection-Timeout to 1 second.
Please see CHANGELOG for more information what has changed recently.
composer installfrom bash.
composer testsfrom bash.