Bolt - An easy TYPO3 integration basis
This package is a TYPO3 extension that makes integration work easier.
We consider it best practice to run a site and all custom Backend Layouts, TypoScript, PageTS in one place, a so-called "site extension". We prefix them with "site_" making it something like "site_myproject".
Then, the tricky part starts:
- Adding TypoScript
- Adding Fluid
- Adding PageTSconfig
- Adding Domains (for certain environments)
We want to avoid that for our sites, making life easier for integrators and get the website up and running faster.
Because of this, this extension adds a field to the Site Configuration, where you can define your site extension:
It's doing the same as you'd need to do manually all the time.
What you do:
- Create your site extension
- Install bolt, and choose your site extension on your Site Configuration
- Ensure your site extension contains one of the following files
- Configuration/TypoScript/constants.txt or constants.typoscript
- Configuration/TypoScript/setup.txt or setup.typoscript
- Configuration/PageTs/main.tsconfig or Configuration/PageTsConfig/main.tsconfig
If you want to do one step less when developing a TYPO3 website :)
You can set this up via composer (composer require b13/bolt) or via TER (extension name "bolt"), it runs best with TYPO3 v9 or later.
Site Configation is required.
The extension is licensed under GPL v2+, same as the TYPO3 Core.
For details see the LICENSE file in this repository.
- Kick start a site extension
- Deal with domains
- Add a integrator backend module to show the current setup
- Integrate Fluid templates, Content types, etc.
- Change the extension icon
- Make "disabling sys_template" optional
- Run all cases with extension templates / static inclusions work