- Download the module from https://github.com/cmfcmf/MediaModule/releases/latest.
- Install to
modules/cmfcmf/media-module(but other locations should work aswell!).
If you want to test the current version (potentially unstable!), download it from here: https://github.com/cmfcmf/MediaModule/raw/dev-builds/MediaModule.zip
Downloading directly from master would require you to execute
composer install --no-dev.
Read all about the module at it's website.
The module supports many media types natively (images, plaintext, MarkDown, videos, audio, pdf, …) and further types can be added with ease!
Not only can you upload media, you can also search for and embed all kinds of media from the web! Here are some: Tweets, YouTube videos, Music, Flickr images, …
You can create text- and image-based watermarks to watermark all uploaded images. The watermarks scale automatically and can be exchanged at any time. The original images are preserved.
Rendered MarkDown files? Syntax-highlighted source code? Automatic updates? Thumbnail generation? Works on mobile? YES. All of this. Read on or download the module already!
- You MAY NOT allow untrusted users to upload files. It is currently NOT SAFE to do so.
- You must not create collections with any of the following tittles: f, media, settings, admin, hooks, licenses, watermarks. If you do so, it's going to break URLs.
- The Flickr MediaType is currently disabled due to legal questions
- Even though files are watermarked, they are still available non-watermarked. Users could try to guess the URL and access the un-watermarked files.
If you find a bug or have problems, please create an issue!
require_once __DIR__ . '/../modules/cmfcmf/media-module/vendor/autoload.php; to
src/app/autoload.php and then run
php app/console translation:extract --enable-extractor=jms_i18n_routing --dir ./modules/cmfcmf/media-module --exclude-dir vendor --output-dir ./modules/cmfcmf/media-module/Resources/translations --keep --output-format=pot de
The code is MIT licensed, see the
License.md file for further information.
It took me quite some time to create this module. I don't really need it for myself, but I didn't want another year of Zikula without a proper Media Module. That's why I created it. I'm happy about all possible support I can get from you, especially if you earn money with the module.