Command-line application for interacting with the Slack API.
Command-line application for interacting with the Slack API library.
Provides CLI commands for all of the API methods currently available using a single
Sending a message to a Slack channel (in this case '#general')
$ slack.phar chat:post-message general "Hello world!"
Update the application
Check out the documentation below for more examples and instructions on how to install the
slack.pharexecutable or use the installer.
$ curl -sS http://cleentfaar.github.io/slack-cli/installer | php
Run Slack CLI:
To run tests, or develop Slack CLI itself, you must use the sources and not the phar file as described above. Before continuing, you should also install Composer either globally or in the cloned repository below.
git clone https://github.com/cleentfaar/slack-cli.git
- Run Composer to get the dependencies:
cd slack-cli && composer install
You can now run Slack CLI by executing the
Follow instructions in the documentation
- Installation - Information on installing this package either globally or as a composer dependency.
- Usage - A few simple examples on how to use some of the console commands provided by this package.
This package only provides a command-line interface to access the Slack API methods; if you want to get your hands dirty on how to use the payloads and responses in your own application, check out the library that this package implements: Slack API library.
Got a good idea for this project? Found a nasty bug that needs fixing? That's great! Before submitting your PR however, make sure it complies with the contributing guide to speed up the merging of your code.
- Slack - Main library package consisting of the API client and model classes that adhere to the Slack API specs.
- SlackBundle - Symfony Bundle providing integration with the Slack API library above.