Get, validate and generate MAC addresses.
This is a PHP class for MAC address manipulation on top of Unix, Linux and Mac OS X operating systems. it was primarily written to help with spoofing for wireless security audits.
- Verify you are executing it from the command line
- Verify you are running the script as an administrator
- Generate new random MAC addresses
- Validate MAC addresses
- Get the current system’s MAC address
- Set or “spoof” any MAC address you want
// require the class require_once './src/BlakeGardner/MacAddress.php'; // import the class use BlakeGardner\MacAddress; // get the mac address of the eth0 interface var_dump(MacAddress::getCurrentMacAddress('eth0')); // generate a random mac address var_dump(MacAddress::generateMacAddress()); // validate an MAC address var_dump(MacAddress::validateMacAddress('00-B0-D0-86-BB-F7')); // set a randomly generated MAC address on the eth0 interface var_dump(MacAddress::setFakeMacAddress('eth0')); // set a specific MAC address on the eth0 interface var_dump(MacAddress::setFakeMacAddress('eth0', '00:E4:01:2C:79:DA'));
For more see the example.php file. You can run the example on the command line
- List all interfaces on the system
- OS detection
- Suppress errors on the command line