Basic authentication (htaccess) support for frontend pages
Open Issues: 0
- phing/phing: ^2.16
- phpunit/php-code-coverage: ~5.0
- phpunit/phpunit: ^6.0.8
- squizlabs/php_codesniffer: ^2.8.1
- basicauth: dev-master
- typo3-ter/basicauth: dev-master
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2020-01-05 23:08:05 UTC
Adds basic authentication (htaccess) support for Typo3 frontend pages. This may be useful for staging or development environments.
The extension should not be used to protect high confidential data. Other extension, your own code or misconfiguration may disable the access protection on the hole website or some sub pages.
- PHP >= 5.6
- Typo3 >= 7.6.2
composer require bitexpert/typo3-basic-authentication
- Download zip file and extract to typo3conf/ext folder
- Activate extension in Extension Manager
- (Only for composer mode) Add autoload entry to your composer.json file
The access protection is disabled by default.
The activation is handled by a file named
BASIC_AUTH_ENABLED in the
Due this file it is possible to enable/disable the protection due scripts, easily.
The protection can be toggled in the CMS administration
ADMIN TOOLS -> Basic Auth menu.
All backend users (active and not deleted) are able to authenticate with their credentials.