Image transforms gone wild
Imager is dead - long live Imager X!
Well, dead is a bit harsh, but... This version of the Craft plugin is no longer actively maintained. After four years, 322 commits, 255 closed issues, 352 stars and ~14700 active installs, I've decided to make this plugin commercial to be able to continue maintaining it. To do so, I had to create a new plugin (since P&T doesn't allow developers to convert free plugins to commercial ones, which makes sense) and the result is Imager X.
Imager X is a drop-in replacement for Imager, all you need to do is uninstall
Imager, install Imager X, and rename the config file from
imager-x.php. No template changes needed.
Imager X also comes with some new features, like:
- Support for named transforms, a new way to define your transforms in a central place, and easily reuse it in your templates.
- Support for auto generating transforms on asset upload or element save.
- Console commands and element actions for generating transforms.
- Support for GraphQL.
- Support for adding a fallbackImage that is used when a transform fails.
- Support for adding a mockImage that completely overrides any used image (great for development!). - Much improved docs built on Vuepress.
Give it a try!
And if you don't want to pay, feel free to use Imager 2.0 for as long as you wish! You can still access the old documentation here.