PHP-based HTML Markup generator
The main benefits are:
- no switching between php and html or echoing of html strings needed when you are inside your php stuff.
- Minimalistic usage attempt and helper functions. You should be able to generate more html markup with less php instructions while keeping full flexibility.
- Auto-indention. Unless you turn it of to save whitespace you will receive beautifully indented and super-readable markup for your web-projects.
The main downfalls are:
- Page generation takes longer, because every html-tag will run through a lot of php functions while being generated.
(I use it along with wordpress and can not make a humanly noticeable difference in page loading speed when changing from a default wp-theme to one that uses the generator.)
- It may be difficult to learn how to use this, compared to writing pure html.
This project is inspired by the CakePHP HtmlHelper.
- Download the latest "alldeps" branch
- Extract the archive and upload the plugin into the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your wordpress project.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
Use composer and require
or download the latest "alldeps" branch,
extract it and put it anywhere in your php project.
[path to]/bootstrap.php or
Follow the Installation steps to initiate the global $HTML variable.
<?php /* Get access to an instance of Xiphe\HTML */ global $HTML /* Opens a std HTML5 header - leaves you inside the <head> */ $HTML->HTML5() /* print a <title> */ ->title('HTML Example') /* close the <head> tag */ ->close('head') /* open a <body> tag (s_[tag] will just open a [tag] - no </tag> will be echoed) */ ->s_body() /* open a <div> tag with the class attribute "wrap" */ ->s_div('.wrap') /* open an <article> tag with an id */ ->s_article('#article1') /* print a <h1> with multiple attributes */ ->h1('Hello Stranger', array('style' => 'color: red;', 'rel' => 'title')) /* <3 */ ->p('Thank you for checking out Xiphe\HTML - that\'s very kind of you') /* Another way to pass multiple attributes to a tag */ ->img('src=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Example_image.png|alt=example') /* close all Tags that have been opened previously */ ->close('all');
<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html class="no-js"> <head> <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" /> <meta content="IE=edge,chrome=1" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" /> <title>HTML Example</title> </head> <body> <div class="wrap"> <article id="article1"> <h1 rel="title" style="color: red;">Hello Stranger</h1> <p>Thank you for checking out Xiphe\HTML - that's very kind of you</p> <img alt="example" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Example_image.png" /> </article><!-- #article1 --> </div><!-- .wrap --> </body> </html><!-- .no-js -->
Js/Css Minifiying from Fat-Free Framework
Distributed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3, 29 June 2007
Copyright (c) 2009-2012 F3::Factory/Bong Cosca
PHP Markdown & Extra
Copyright (c) 2011, Dragonfly Development Inc
All rights reserved.
Based on PHP Markdown & Extra
Copyright (c) 2004-2009 Michel Fortin
All rights reserved.
Based on Markdown
Copyright (c) 2003-2006 John Gruber
All rights reserved.
phpDocumentor was used to generate the documentation under /doc
- mergeClasses method added to core\Generator
- minor bugfixes and compatibility to THETOOLS v1.0.7
- Select Module updated
- New Logic for Content::compress()
- Googleanalytics Module allowes $HTML->googleanalytics('UA-0000000-0') for a simple, compressed ga tracker code
- Added basic Sublime Text 2 snippet
- fixed bugs related to Store::get()
- desktop/mobile classes on html tag if THETOOLS are available.
- callbacks for tags
- configuration modes
- fixed wp textdomain error
- if() and endif() pseudotags
- BasicModule::generate() generates a default tag using the module parameters.
- When Generator::call is called directly, tag options can now be passed as a third argument in addition to prefix them to the Tag
- composer update test.
- composer compatible.
- now uses composer versions off php-diff and markdown.
- COMPLETE REMAKE. Most functionality should still work the same way as in 1.x but most likely not everything.
- Introducing the Xiphe\HTML namespace
- Better modular OOP Structure
- Minimalistic Instances + most logic is now static.
- Tag Instances
- Test Cases
- much more...
- see changelog.txt
- The fist line of a multi-lined <li> has a false indention when cleaned with strong mode.
- radio and checkbox group generation
- Functionality to add own modules and manipulate the TagInfo Class.
- More Test Cases
- Still better documentation
- Array-style attribute maipulation on Tags would be nice. $Tag[id] = 'myID';