Magento 2 Packagist Integration
About the Extension
This extension provides a direct integration between Magento 2 and Private Packagist. Once this extension is installed, you can specify the packagist configuration at each downloadable product.
After placing an order
- The extension creates a vendor when the customer first purchases an downloadable product of your website
- The package is made accessible by the extension automatically when a purchase is invoiced
NOTE: Only orders created by registered customers will create Packagist credentials, guest orders will not work.
After refunding an order
The extension revokes the access to the package when a Creditmemo is created inside Magento 2
composer require wizkunde/magento2-packagist
Proceed with your Magento 2 Upgrade steps, which are atleast:
- bin/magento setup:upgrade
Step 1: Create API Credentials at Private Packagist
- Go to your Private Packagist Account and go to the Organization you want to make accessible.
- Go to Settings -> API Access
- Click "Create a new set of API credentials"
- Store the token and the secret temporarily, you'll need them shortly
Step 2: Configure your Magento 2 Installation
- Go to your Magento 2 admin panel
- Go to: Stores -> Configuration -> General -> Wizkunde Packagist Configuration
- Unfold the Private Packagist tab
- Enter your Token in the "API Token" field
- Enter your Secret in the "API Secret" field
- Click "Save Config"
Optionally, you can set a specific prefix, if you plan to use different websites on a single integration
Step 3: Connect a Downloadable product to Private Packagist
- Navigate to Catalog -> Products
- Open up a Downloadable product which is also available in your Private Packagist Organization
- Unfold "Packagist"
- Set the packagist extension key in "Packagist Package"
You're done! When a customer purchases the extension, he will get instructions to install with packagist instead! These instructions can be found directly on the account dashboard