A repository for data that you can use to fill your unit tests.
Writing testdata can really be a tricky task. This project tries to gather testdata from everywhere for a lot of common tasks in developer life. It should not be language dependent, so that testdata can be contributed from everyone who writes tests. Globalized and shared testdata has a lot advantages for everyone:
- often used testdata is more consistent and has fewer data errors
- more edge cases are covered
- writing tests will be faster
- writing the test and implementation gets the focus
- you have lesser excuses to not write tests
- tests and data will be decoupled cleanly
Testdata writing can be fun! Imagine a world of testdata, where test people live (did you heard of Max Mustermann these days?) Testdata cars are driving, credit cards have numbers...
I really like the "hands on code thing" and started working out a small example for NestedSets.
- how to gather good test data
- data representation
- search for contributors and people with interest
- write more motivation texts