A Laravel package providing artisan commands to import and export language files from and to CSV.
This package provides artisan commands to import and export language files from and to CSV. This can be used to send translations to agencies that normally work with Excel-like files.
It turns some navigation.php file...
<?php return [ 'commands' => [ 'next' => 'Next', 'prev' => 'Previous', 'play' => 'Play', ] 'tips' => [ 'next' => 'Navigate to the next item', 'prev' => 'Navigate to the previous item', 'play' => 'Autoplay the slide show', ] ];
...to the following CSV...
key,en navigation.commands.next,Next navigation.commands.prev,Previous navigation.commands.play,Play navigation.tips.next,"Navigate to the next item" navigation.tips.prev,"Navigate to the previous item" navigation.tips.play,"Autoplay the slide show"
...and vice versa.
composer require ufirst/lang-import-export:^8.1.0
composer require ufirst/lang-import-export:^7.0.0
Finally add the following line to the
providers array of your
'providers' => [ /* ... */ 'UFirst\LangImportExport\LangImportExportServiceProvider' ]
For Laravel 5.* checkout the legacy branch and require version ^5.1.2
The usage of the legacy version of this package is slightly different
As an alternative you can checkout the fork of this repository highsolutions/laravel-lang-import-export
The package currently provides two commands, one for exporting the files and one for importing them back:
# export all locales with all groups to console php artisan lang-export:csv # export all locales with all groups to csv file php artisan lang-export:csv --output /some/file.csv # custom csv delimiter and enclosure php artisan lang-export:csv --delimiter=";" --enclosure='"' --output=/some/file.csv # export single locale php artisan lang-export:csv -l en --output=/some/path/translations-en.csv # export single translation group php artisan lang-export:csv -g navigation --output=/some/path/navigation-all-langs.csv
You can optionally pass the -l (locale) and the -g (group) as options. The group is the name of the langauge file without its extension. You may define options for your desired CSV format.
# import translations from csv php artisan lang-import:csv /some/file.csv # import from custom csv format php artisan lang-import:csv --delimiter=";" --enclosure='"' --escape='\\' /some/file.csv # import and merge over existing translation file php artisan lang-import:csv --merge=true /some/file.csv
During import the locale is extracted from the first row of the CSV file. Translation groups are guessed from the translation keys e.g. navigation.tips.next is imported to navigation group
- added support for laravel 9
- dropped support below laravel 8
- automatic service provider and alias discovery
- merge imported csv with existing translations by adding --merge=true option to import command
- fix: header delimiter and enclosure did not respect the given options during export
- added support for Laravel 8.x
- automatically create translation files during import based on translation keys in csv
- formatted code (PSR-2)
- added support for laravel:^7.0.0
- added feature to export all locales and groups in a single run
- the import command will guess the locale and the translation group from the csv
- added symfony/var-exporter for new array syntax during the import command
- legacy version
- compatible with laravel:^5.4