Add versioning to files
Installs: 32 119
Open Issues: 1
- silverstripe/cms: ~3.1
- silverstripe/framework: ~3.1
- silverstripe/versionedfiles: 2.0.3
Upgrading to Silverstripe CMS 4
This is a legacy module for Silverstripe CMS 3.
File versioning is built-in with Silverstripe CMS 4. There is currently no migration path from this module. Current file versions are handled by Silverstripe CMS’s built-in upgrade tooling. Both past file metadata versions (in
FileVersion table) and content versions (in
assets/_versions) are retained, but they’re no longer accessible via the CMS UI. If required, those versions can be retrieved by a developer.
Read the Keeping archived assets documentation article to configure your Silverstripe CMS 4 project to preserved archived files.
- SilverStripe 3.1 +
- Place this directory in the root of your SilverStripe installation.
- Visit yoursite.com/dev/build to rebuild the database.
- Visit yoursite.com/dev/tasks/FileVersionCreationTask - this creates initial versions for any existing files.
Translations of the natural language strings are managed through a third party translation interface, transifex.com. Newly added strings will be periodically uploaded there for translation, and any new translations will be merged back to the project source code.
Please use https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/silverstripe-versionedfiles to contribute translations, rather than sending pull requests with YAML files.