PEG parser generator for PHP.
Installs: 56 143
- php: >=7.4
- nette/tester: ^2.4
- phpstan/phpstan: ^1.5
This is a somehow opinionated continuation of combyna/php-peg, which was "a minimally invasive fork" of the original hafriedlander/php-peg.
From the several originally available types of PEG parsers only
Packrat (recommended) remain now.
Notable features of this fork:
- Fix, Optimization: Packrat parser overhaul. Simplified logic using arrays instead of a string. Arrays ultimately seemed to be more fit for the job, memory-wise. This also fixed occasional problem with accessing undefined indexes in packrat cache.
- Modern code style: Codebase uses new (PHP7+) language features and code format more familiar to current modern PHP.
- CLI interface is removed: Just call
\hafriedlander\Peg\Compiler::compile($grammarDefinitionFile)directly however you like.
- Testing: Test suite is rewritten to use
Nette Testerinstead of PHPUnit.
- Fixed: Catastrophic backtracking problem (sometimes happening when compiling a larger grammar) avoided by simplifying regex that searches for grammar definitions.
- Optimization: Using native PHP constants and functions with absolute namespace is slightly faster (changed in generated code, too).
- Optimization: Use strict comparisons where possible (even in generated code).