SilverStripe knowledgebase module
Installs: 2 105
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2023-03-13 14:11:40 UTC
This module provides basic knowledge base functionality for silverstripe with the following features:
- Article full text search with as-you-type drop-down suggestions
- Article categorisation
- Ajax powered article rating system (star system) which can be easily turned off
There is nothing really special about this, but it gives you everything you need to build a simple knowledge base.
This module has been tested to work (and look terrible) out of the box with the 2.4 blackcandy theme installed; Other themes will require an additional subtheme.
Credits and Authors
- Damian Mooyman - https://github.com/tractorcow/silverstripe-knowledgebase
- SilverStripe 2.4.7, may work on lower versions (MIGRATING TO 3.x)
- PHP 5.2
- Extract all files into the 'knowledgebase' folder under your Silverstripe root.
- Template away!
The knowledge base is designed to operate in a hierarchy similar to the below:
Knowledge Base root page
Category 1 * Article * Category 1.1 * Article * Category 1.2 * Article
- Category 2
- Category 2
If you want to arrange your knowledge base into a slightly different structure (for instance, without categories) you may need to do a bit of re-coding. Submit a feature request if it doesn't work the way you want or expected it to.
You can disable ratings by using the following code in your _config.php
KnowledgeBaseArticle::$rating_enabled = false;