BitTorrent's Bencode encoder/decoder
This is a pure PHP library that allows you to encode and decode Bencode data.
composer require 'sandfoxme/bencode'
- Version 1.x supports PHP 7.0 and later
- Version 2.x supports PHP 8.0 and later and has slightly better error handling
- Version 3.x supports PHP 8.1 and later and is a bit stricter about data type handling
<?php \SandFox\Bencode\Bencode::encode(['info' => ['length' => 12345, 'name' => 'Bencoded demo']]); \SandFox\Bencode\Bencode::decode('d4:infod6:lengthi12345e4:name13:Bencoded demoee');
Read full documentation here: https://sandfox.dev/php/bencode.html
Documentation for all supported versions can be found on Read the Docs:
- 1.x: https://bencode.readthedocs.io/en/1.x/
- 2.x: https://bencode.readthedocs.io/en/2.x/
- 3.x: https://bencode.readthedocs.io/en/3.x/
Please file issues on our main repo at GitLab: https://gitlab.com/sandfox/bencode/-/issues
The library is available as open source under the terms of the MIT License.