Automated web UI for any CLI command
The aim of this project is to make it trivial to expose a shell script("command-line script" or "CLI script") as a web application.
This library offers conversion, logic and templates to gather user input, feed it to a shell script and render the output in the browser.
All that has to be provided is a shell script and configuration. Optionally logic can be added to compliment the input, output or render process.
- As this is a web application, it is assumed a web-server is available.
- This project is written in PHP. Any actively support version is fine.
Installation is done using composer:
composer require potherca/cli2web
As this is a web application, it is assumed a web-server is available.
- Create an index file in a public facing directory in the web-server
- Include the cli2web engine
- Feed the engine a configuration
For more advanced scenario's any of the following steps can also be taken:
- Add logic that is called with the user input
(instead of the CLI script being called directly)
- Add logic that is called with the shell script output
(instead of the output being displayed directly, "raw", as-is)
- Add custom UI to display the returned output (instead of the output being displayed as plain-text)