OXID eShop database migrations using doctrine
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2023-11-28 08:39:24 UTC
- master branch is compatible with OXID eShop compilation master
- b-6.4.x branch is compatible with OXID eShop compilation 6.4.x
- b-6.3.x branch is compatible with OXID eShop compilation 6.3.x
- b-3.x branch is compatible with OXID eShop compilation 6.2.x
- b-1.x branch is compatible with OXID eShop compilations before 6.2.x
OXID eShop uses database migrations for:
- eShop editions migration (CE, PE and EE)
- Project specific migrations
- Modules migrations
At the moment OXID eShop uses "Doctrine 2 Migrations" and it's integrated via OXID eShop migration components.
Doctrine Migrations runs migrations with a single configuration. But there was a need to run migration for one or all the projects and modules (CE, PE, EE, PR and a specific module). For this reason Doctrine Migration Wrapper was created.
Script to run migrations is installed within composer bin directory. It accepts two parameters:
- Doctrine Command
- Suite Type (CE, PE, EE, PR or a specific module_id)
vendor/bin/oe-eshop-db_migrate <Doctrine_Command> <Suite_Type>
To get comprehensive information about Doctrine 2 Migrations and available commands as well, please see official documentation.
This command will run all the migrations which are in OXID eShop specific directories. For example if you have OXID eShop Enterprise edition, migration tool will run migrations in this order:
- Community Edition migrations (executed always)
- Professional Edition migrations (executed when eShop has PE or EE)
- Enterprise Edition migrations (executed when eShop has EE)
- Project specific migrations (executed always)
- Module migrations (executed when eShop has at least one module with migration)
It is also possible to run migrations for specific suite by defining <Suite_Type> parameter in the command. This variable defines what type of migration it is. There are 5 suite types:
- PR - For project specific migrations. It should be always used for project development.
- CE - Generates migration file for OXID eShop Community Edition. It's used for product development only.
- PE - Generates migration file for OXID eShop Professional Edition. It's used for product development only.
- EE - Generates migration file for OXID eShop Enterprise Edition. It's used for product development only.
- <module_id> - Generates migration file for OXID eShop specific module. It’s used for module development only.
This command generates migration versions for all the suite types.
vendor/bin/oe-eshop-db_migrate migrations:generate EE
In this case it will be generated only for Enterprise Edition in vendor/oxid-esales/oxideshop_ee/migration directory.
Doctrine Migration Wrapper is written in PHP and also could be used without command line interface. To do so:
executemethod with needed parameters
The following commands have to be executed in the php-container of your already installed eshop.
Register and update the migration wrapper repository with your branch in the composer.json of the eshop
composer config repositories.oxid-esales/oxideshop-doctrine-migration-wrapper git https://github.com/OXID-eSales/oxideshop-doctrine-migration-wrapper composer require oxid-esales/oxideshop-doctrine-migration-wrapper:dev-b-6.4.x
Setup ce-shop for wrapper
cd vendor/oxid-esales/oxideshop-doctrine-migration-wrapper/ git clone --branch=b-6.4.x https://github.com/OXID-eSales/oxideshop_ce.git source_ce composer config repositories.oxid-esales/oxideshop-ce path source_ce/ cd source_ce composer require --no-update oxid-esales/oxideshop-doctrine-migration-wrapper:* cd ..
Adjust cloned shop component requirements to fit our wrapper version and install wrapper development dependencies with
composer require --dev --no-plugins oxid-esales/oxideshop-ce:* cp tests/testData/source/config.inc.php.dist tests/testData/source/config.inc.php
Adjust MySQL credentials in the tests specific
config.inc.php to use an empty or non existing Database.
config.inc.php could look like this:
<?php /** * Copyright © OXID eSales AG. All rights reserved. * See LICENSE file for license details. */ // Database connection information $this->dbType = 'pdo_mysql'; $this->dbHost = 'mysql'; // database host name $this->dbPort = '3306'; // database port $this->dbName = 'example2'; // database name $this->dbUser = 'root'; // database user name $this->dbPwd = 'root'; // database user password
Now, while being in the wrapper directory, its possible to run the tests for wrapper
Tests doesn't destroy your current shop installation if configured correctly (to use different database)!
If you want to use the CLI in the eShop, you have to rename the vendor folder. Otherwise the CLI doesn't work.
If you experience any bugs or issues, please report them in the section OXID eShop (all versions) of https://bugs.oxid-esales.com.