PSR-3 complaint logger for use with Composer IOInterface
Small, fast and PSR-3 compliant logging library useful with custom Composer scripts.
- PHP >=5.6
Add package to
require-dev and use ;-)
Logger object in your Composer hook and optionally set custom verbosity levels - evetyhing else is automatic.
- emergency/alert/...(message, context) - Every log level have method named after it. So if you want to log "warning" just use
Logger->warning("Be warned!"). Second argument can be array with any information possible to represent as string by (formatted by print_r()).
- log(level, message, context) - It have the same effect as methods described below, so calling
Logger->log("warning", "Be warned!")produces the same result as example above.
Logger comes preconfigured by default, but allows to configure almost anything. List below specifies configuration methods along with default values (specified in brackets).
- setLineFormat(<%1$s> [%2$s] %3$s [%4$s] [%5$s]) - How line should be formated. You can use 6 modifiers:
- %1$s - date
- %2$s - log level (uppercased)
- %3$s - message text
- %4$s - context (formatted by print_r())
- %1$d - unix timestamp
- setDatetimeFormat(d.m.Y H:i:s) - It accepts any date() compliant format.
- setLevelVerbosity(level, value) - In fact PSR-3 states custom log levels are forbidden, but this logger supports them. By default messages with custom level uses verbosity defined by
IOInterface::NORMAL. This method allows setting custom one (and even change builtin levels verbosity, which is NOT recommended).