This is a framework independent workflow library. It provides an step-transition based workflow implementation for processing entities through its life cycle.
Due to its data format and framework independence it does not run as a standalone workflow library. The entity/data implementation and input processing via forms have to be implemented. This workflow library is more a skeleton for your workflow requirements.
The main concept
- An entity processes different steps in its lifecycle.
- The process between two steps is called Transition.
- A transition can depend on conditions which determine if the transition is available.
- Each transition contains a list of actions which are performed to reach the next step.
- Actions can require additional user input to perform the transition.
- User input are handled by a form.
- The Item wraps the entity to provide workflow related information.
- It knows the current state and the whole state history.
- Due to the flexibility of the data structure the EntityId is used to identify an entity.
- An workflow is defined for a specific entities from a specific data provider.
- The workflow is the definition of multiple steps and their transitions.
- A workflow always has one start transition.
- It can have multiple end transitions.
- There can be multiple workflow definitions for the same data provider.
- The manager selects the matching workflow and creates the transition handler.
- At the moment an item can only be in one workflow.
- Transitions and steps can can be limited to an permission.
- Checking the permission and organizing them is part of the current implementation.
- Collection based repositories.
- Transaction save transitions.
- Flexible config system for workflows, steps and transitions.
This library requires at least PHP 7.1.
See the CHANGELOG.md
You may have a look at the examples.
A concrete implementation is available as integration for CMS Contao netzmacht/contao-workflow.