Syncs your domain mapped domains with your Heroku app
syncs wordpress multisite domains with a heroku app
- Copy the plugin directory into your
- Network Activate the plugin
Update configs, we have two options 3.a Using the main wp site, set the heroku api credentials and the
app name3.b using heroku, add the config environment variables,
WPMS_HEROKU_APPNAMEwith their values as your heroku settings.
- note: if the heroku environment variables is set (3.b), plugin will use that regardless of what is set on the WP plugin settings (3.a)
- Must be a wordpress multisite
- this uses WP_Cron, it will execute the sync process once every minute.
- Since WP_cron is not the conventional crons (crontab) execution may not be within the prefered schedule. It relies on the visitor traffic. For performance concern and to do a "real" cron job, Disable the wp_cron in wp_config.php by adding the following
define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, true);. a. for heroku users, just add the following to the scheduler add-on
curl http://yourmaindomain.com/wp-cron.phpand specify the time you want it to be executed. b. for non-heroku users (unix), just add it to your crons using
* * * * * curl http://yourmaindomain.com/wp-cron.php
- to deactivate the cron, simply
network deactivatethe plugin.
- To make sure the cron is running in Heroku, you may add papertrail as an add-on https://addons.heroku.com/papertrail.