The complete library is only 56Kb (minified & gzipped)
Current stable version is 1.3. You can download it from here: http://w2ui.com.
To start using the library you need to include into your page:
- w2ui-1.3.js (or w2ui-1.3.min.js)
- w2ui-1.3.css (or w2ui-1.3.min.css)
All the widgets and their css classes are defined inside of these two files. There is no image dependencies, some images are embedded into CSS file.
There is no requirement for a server side language. Node, Java, PHP, ASP, Perl or .NET all will work, as long as you can return JSON format from the server (or write a converter into JSON format on the client).
You can find documentation and demos here:
Have a bug or a feature request? Please open an issue here https://github.com/vitmalina/w2ui/issues. Please make sure that the same issue was not previously submitted by someone else.
I use ANT to build the project. It does the folloing
- Compiles LESS files
- Concatenates and minifies CSS files
- Concatenates and minifies JS files
In order to be able to use ANT, you will need to install Node.JS and NMP on your machine, then run the following commands to install dependencies
sudo npm install less -g sudo npm install clean-css -g sudo npm install uglify-js@1 -g
You can use other toold to build. Grunt seems to be promissing, and will do everything you need. You still need to install same dependencies if you want to use grunt.
Your contributions are welcome. However, few things you need to know before contribution:
- Please check out latest code before changing anything. It is harder to merge if your changes will not merge clean.
- If you are changing JS files - do all changes in /src folder
- If you are changing CSS files - do all changes in LESS in /src/less/src
- If you want to help with unit test - do all changes in /test/qunit
- If you want to change documenation - do all chnages in /docs
- If you want to add demos - do all changes in /demos