A SilverStripe module that brings a instagram feed to your homepage
InstagramFeed is a small module for your SilverStripe based homepage, that allows you to show a feed of your Instagram posts. All you need to do is to install and setup the module and insert a client id (see setup below) and a username.
- Daniel Kliemsch firstname.lastname@example.org
composer require level51/silverstripe-instagramfeed
- Be sure that the module is in a folder instagramfeed/ on the root of the project.
sake dev/build "flush=all", depending on your config you might have to do this via URI in the browser.
- Visit the Instagram developer page to register your application
- Go to the CMS settings and fill there your new generated Client ID as well as your user name ...
- ... save the changes ...
- ... and click on the Get Instagram User ID action - this will fetch the User ID by the given user name
- Create a page with the type InstagramFeedPage and fill the Post Limit field (if not filled, 5 is used as default)
- Call the page in the frontend - everyting should work now :) of course you can overwrite the very basic demo-template by creating a template called InstagramFeedPage in your theme directory
- Fetching the most recent Instagram posts of every (public) user
- Fetch is done on every page load - so there are always the most recent posts visible
- Get the User ID, that is needed for the API calls by the given user name
- Contains a InstagramFeedPage page type, that fulfills the basic needs