Easy CMS-like page creation and editing for Laravel Spark
- Adding an "Add Page" Dropdown Menu Link
- Editing the Sidebar
- Editing Pages
- Road Map
|Laravel Spark||Laravel Spark Pages||Laravel|
This package adds a simple CMS-like page system to Laravel Spark. It allows developers and non-technical users to add and edit pages (articles, blog posts, FAQ's etc.) very quickly and without the need for a deployment.
We have purposely chosen not to overcomplicate this add-on. If your product is successful and you end up needing more bells and whistles you may want to look into building your own solution. This is meant as a minimally viable solution that can be used until the product is worth investing more resources into.
Note that this package is under active development. Feel free to open an issue and/or submit a pull request if you see anything amiss.
- The ability to add/edit/delete pages is restricted to users with email addresses in the spark developers array.
- Provides simple Summernote WYSIWYG editor.
- Provides a simple editable sidebar.
- A user with appropriate permissions will see a
createbutton in the dropdown options list. If the user is on a page that can be edited, an
editlink will be visible.
- Only pages that a marked
publishedwill be visible to non-developers.
- Ability to delete pages (note that this is a hard delete).
- All views can be customized by editing the view file found in
- Supports nested folder structure slugs (e.g. /blog/my-awesome-post)
Add the package to your existing Spark installation:
composer require kirschbaum/laravel-spark-pages
Add the following to the
providers array in
config/app.php. This provider must be registered as the last service provider on the
php artisan vendor:publish --provider="Kirschbaum\LaravelSparkPages\PagesServiceProvider" --tag='migrations'
php artisan migrate
php artisan vendor:publish --provider="Kirschbaum\LaravelSparkPages\PagesServiceProvider" --tag='assets'
Add the following line to
Compile your assets:
npm run dev
If you'd like to add a link in your developer's dropdown menu, you can do that by adding the below "Add Page" link to your
<!-- Kiosk --> <li> <a href="/spark/kiosk"> <i class="fa fa-fw fa-btn fa-fort-awesome"></i>Kiosk </a> <a href="/pages/create"> <i class="fa fa-fw fa-btn fa-plus"></i>Add Page </a> </li>
The template for the sidebar is located at
resources/views/vendor/laravel-spark-pages/sidebar.blade.php. Modify this file to your heart's content.
Navigate to the page you want to edit. If the user you are logged in as has their email address in the Spark developers array then you will see an admin section in the sidebar with the link "Edit this page".
- Build in SEO tools.
- List view for pages.
- Ability to have multipe types of sidebars and select which to use on a page-by-page basis.