WordPress boilerplate with modern development tools, easier configuration, and an improved folder structure
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2021-04-14 14:09:32 UTC
WordPress Project Template is a skeleton WordPress site with modern development tools, easier configuration, improved folder structure and latest security best practices.
The organization of skeleton is similar to putting WordPress core files in its own subdirectory,
wp-content stays the same.
Manage your WordPress install and plugins with Composer, a PHP dependency manager. Composer will make development more reliable, help with team collaboration, and it helps maintain a better Git repository.
Environment specific configuration files and environment variables with Dotenv.
- Deny access to non-web files with server directives (with
- Deny PHP scripts execution inside
- Deny browsing the directory files list.
- Production & Staging environments have a restriction to update files from admin panel (only Media is allowed).
- Command-line scripts for generating wp-admin HTTP Authorization files.
- Create a new project in a new folder for your site:
composer create-project justcoded/wordpress-starter your-project-folder-name
- Set important environment variables in
DB_NAME- Database name
DB_USER- Database user
DB_PASSWORD- Database password
DB_HOST- Database host
WP_HOME- Full URL to WordPress home (http://example.com)
Run WordPress install as usual by accessing your site at
composer wp:themegenerate new theme based on our Theme Boilerplate
composer wp:securegenerate new HTTP password for wp-admin folder
Contributions are welcome from everyone.