This command-line script helps to ease the management of Joomla sites in your development environment.
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2020-07-23 09:21:25 UTC
- Install using Composer:
$ composer global require joomlatools/console
- Tell your system where to find the executable by adding the composer directory to your PATH. Add the following line to your shell configuration file called either .profile, .bash_profile, .bash_aliases, or .bashrc. This file is located in your home folder.
$ export PATH="$PATH:~/.composer/vendor/bin"
For Ubuntu 19+ you may find you should use:
- Verify the installation
$ joomla --version
- To create a new site with the latest Joomla version, run:
joomla site:create testsite
The newly installed site will be available at /var/www/testsite and testsite.test after that. The default Super User's name and password is set to:
By default, the web server root is set to /var/www. You can pass --www=/my/server/path to commands for custom values. You can choose the Joomla version or the sample data to be installed:
joomla site:create testsite --joomla=2.5 --sample-data=blog
- For other available options, run:
$ joomla --list
- Read our documentation pages to learn more about using the tool.
To setup the tool for development:
- Clone the repository:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:joomlatools/joomlatools-console.git
- Fetch the dependencies:
- Now you can execute the tool with:
- Happy coding!
- Joomla version 2.5 and up.
Joomlatools Console is an open source, community-driven project. Contributions are welcome from everyone. We have contributing guidelines to help you get started.
See the list of contributors.
Joomlatools Console is free and open-source software licensed under the MPLv2 license.
Keep track of development and community news.