PayPal API Payments for Elgg
- API for handling payments via PayPal API
- Plugin has been sponsored by [Social Business World] (https://socialbusinessworld.org "Social Business World")
See actions/payments/checkout/paypal.php for usage example.
You can use
'transaction:<status>', 'payments' hooks to apply additional logic upon payment status changes.
Note that not all payment are synchronous, e.g. e-Check payments might take a while to clear.
Make sure to setup webhook via plugin settings. Web hook event data signature is validated for all requests to
Web hook event data can be digested with
'digest:webhook', 'paypal_api' plugin hook that receives an instance of
- Your site must be served over HTTPS for the API requests and webhooks to work as expected
- Login to https://developer.paypal.com
- Create a new REST API app
- Enter Sandbox and Live Credentials in Plugin Settings
- You can switch to Live (production) mode in
- Once you have configured your credentials, setup Webhooks using the buttons in the plugin settings
To start making test payments:
- Go to your dashboard at https://developer.paypal.com
- Create a new sandbox account via Sandbox > Accounts > Create account
- Use sandbox account credentials during checkout
- Logs are enabled and located in the root of the data directory