Hippo is an open-source tool that helps PHP programmers adhere to certain a given convention.
To get the latest version of Hippo, simply require the project using Composer:
$ composer require hippophp/hippo
If you want to develop Hippo, you'll need Git and >= PHP 5.5 installed on your system.
Clone the repo to your local environment:
$ git clone email@example.com:hippophp/hippo.git
Then install the dependencies:
$ cd hippo $ composer install
Once Hippo is in a directory you can run it with:
$ ./bin/hippo ./src
By default Hippo will output everything to
STDOUT. You can get help information with:
$ ./bin/hippo --help Hippo 0.1.0 by James Brooks, Marcin Kurczewski Usage: hippo [switches] <directory> -h, --help Prints this usage information -v, --version Print version information -l, --log LOGLEVELS Sets which severity levels should be logged (default: "info,warning,error") -s, --strict 1|0 Enables or disables strict mode (default: 0) Strict mode will exit with code 1 on any violation. -q, --quiet 1|0 Same as --log "" --verbose 1|0 Same as --log "info,warning,error" -c, --config PATH Use specific config (default: "base") --report-xml PATH Output a Checkstyle-compatible XML to PATH Available configs: - base - PEAR - PGS-2 - PSR-1 - PSR-2
We've built a test system against Hippo. Tests are ran on Travis CI for every pull request which is made.
Hippo originally started life as a fork of PHPCheckstyle, however after realising that a complete rewrite would be needed, the core ideas changed and as such, Hippo was born.
Hippo is an open-source tool that helps PHP programmers adhere to certain coding conventions. The tools checks the input PHP source code and reports any violations against the given standards.
Compatible with PHP 5.5 and up.
- Create a proper test suite.
- Checks should be able to implement different kind of check types, giving more freedom on a per-check basis.
- Integrate PHP-Parser for AST. Checks can extend some kind of AST Node Tree class.
- Set default standards to PSR 2.
- Standards and configurations should be able to be extended.
- Configuration keys should allow flexibility in the naming pattern, it shouldn't matter so long as it is a valid name.
- Run as a binary with console output and as a library.
- Switch to semver versioning.
Hippo is licensed under The MIT License (MIT).