A SilverStripe module that enables you to build a project-specific 'search engine' with fulltext search with relevance and weighting.
A SilverStripe module that enables you to build a project-specific "search engine" with fulltext search with relevance and weighting.
This module by itself does not do much - it provides the framework to implement a 'search engine' specific to your project.
See fromholdio/silverstripe-sherlock-pages for an example implementation, which uses this core module and implements a search engine for all Pages, with sorting by relevance, and weights matches to Title and MenuTitle higher than matches within content.
Apologies, I haven't had the chance to write much documentation for this yet. See the source of the above-referenced module, or submit an issue with any question you may have in the meantime.
At a high level this aims to:
- Fulltext search
- Use fulltext relevance scores and order results by this
- Create and search multiple fulltext indexes in one search, add different weighting to each index's relevance score and order results accordingly
- Define search fields that go directly to the first found result if matched (say, if the search phrase is an exact page/dataobject title, or urlsegment, match - totally optional)
- Maintain search logs for future analytics/reporting
- Provide idempotent search engine build task, to maintain entries
- silverstripe-cms ^4
- symbiote/silverstripe-gridfieldextensions ^3.0
- sheadawson/silverstripe-dependentdropdownfield ^2.0
- fromholdio/silverstripe-commonancestor ^1.0
- fromholdio/silverstripe-fulltext-innodb ^1.0
- fromholdio/silverstripe-fulltext-filters ^1.0
- fromholdio/silverstripe-sherlock-pages ^1.0
composer require fromholdio/silverstripe-sherlock
Detail and usage examples to come.
See fromholdio/silverstripe-sherlock-pages for usage example.
- Make use of the search logs in the form of intelligent/interesting search analytics reports
- Only require silverstripe-framework rather than silverstripe-cms
- Thorough documentation
Thanks to these most excellent projects for providing inspiration