The iconic font, CSS, and SVG framework
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2021-01-13 20:25:19 UTC
Version 5 – the iconic SVG, font, and CSS framework
The internet's most popular icon toolkit has been redesigned and built from scratch. On top of this, features like icon font ligatures, an SVG framework, official NPM packages for popular frontend libraries like React, and access to a new CDN.
Learn how to get started with Font Awesome and then dive deeper into other and advanced topics:
- With web fonts with CSS
- Upgrading from version 4
- Installing Font Awesome with a package manager
- Downloading + hosting Font Awesome yourself
- Performance and security
- Using CSS pseudo-elements
- SVG sprites
- The Font Awesome API
- SVG symbols
- Server side rendering
Now that Font Awesome 5 has been released we are marking version 4 as end-of-life. We don't plan on releasing any further versions of the 4.x or 3.x.
We'll keep track of each release in the CHANGELOG.md
Looking for older versions of Font Awesome? Check the releases.
From time-to-time we'll have special upgrading instructions from one version to the next.
Check out the UPGRADING.md guide when you upgrade your dependencies.
We will behave ourselves if you behave yourselves. For more details see our CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md.
Please read through our contributing guidelines. Included are directions for opening issues.
Font Awesome will be maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible. Releases will be numbered with the following format:
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org.
The major version "5" is part of an umbrella release. It includes many different types of files and technologies. Therefore we deviate from normal SemVer in the following ways:
- Any release may update the design, look-and-feel, or branding of an existing icon
- We will never intentionally release a
patchversion update that breaks backward compatibility
minorrelease may include backward-incompatible changes but we will write clear upgrading instructions in UPGRADING.md
patchrelease will never remove icons
- Bug fixes will be addressed as
patchreleases unless they include backward incompatibility then they will be
Font Awesome Free is free, open source, and GPL friendly. You can use it for commercial projects, open source projects, or really almost whatever you want.
- Icons — CC BY 4.0 License
- In the Font Awesome Free download, the CC BY 4.0 license applies to all icons packaged as .svg and .js files types.
- Fonts — SIL OFL 1.1 License
- In the Font Awesome Free download, the SIL OLF license applies to all icons packaged as web and desktop font files.
- Code — MIT License
- In the Font Awesome Free download, the MIT license applies to all non-font and non-icon files.
Attribution is required by MIT, SIL OLF, and CC BY licenses. Downloaded Font Awesome Free files already contain embedded comments with sufficient attribution, so you shouldn't need to do anything additional when using these files normally.
We've kept attribution comments terse, so we ask that you do not actively work to remove them from files, especially code. They're a great way for folks to learn about Font Awesome.