E-learning platform for the Elefant CMS
A course builder and delivery app for the Elefant CMS. A free and simple way to publish and host your own courses that keeps you in control.
Here is a screenshot of the course editor:
- Publish your own courses of any length
- Easy-to-use and powerful course editor
- Embed SCORM modules and other dynamic content into courses
- Courses can be free, paid, or private
- Easy learner account management
- Learner input and instructor feedback cycle
- Built on a fast, completely modern CMS platform
- Easy theming of your learner website
- Integrate with the Courses API
- To instructor for new assessment input
- To instructor for new comments
- To instructor for new learner registered
- To learner welcome email
- How to use the Courses API
First, you will need to install the Elefant CMS. Once that is running, follow these steps:
1. From the root folder of the site run the following command:
php composer.phar require elefant/app-courses
This will also install the following apps that Courses depends on:
Note: You may need to add
"minimum-stability": "dev"to your
composer.jsonfile in order for Composer to work correctly while Courses is still in development.
Payments: Additional payment providers can be supported by implementing the payment handler interface found here. More documentation and examples still to come.
2. Log into Elefant and run the Courses installer by navigating to Tools > Courses.
3. Add the following line to the
[Hooks] section of
conf/config.php to enable
email notifications of comments to course instructors:
comments/add = courses/hook/comments
4. Go to Tools > Navigation and add the
Courses page to your site tree.
You should now have a working installation.
To create courses, go to Tools > Courses. To install SCORM modules for use in your
courses, go to Tools > SCORM. To view the list of courses on your site visit the
/courses URL and you will see any publicly visible courses listed there.
Documentation for the Courses app is managed here. A website for the documentation is coming soon.