Magento 2 Share Cart extension
Ecomteck Share Cart Extension helps customers in sharing their shopping cart with friends and family as well. This is a supportive method to promote store’s conversion rate via the existing users, and this can significantly contribute to the revenue of the store.
- Share shopping cart quickly
- Shortly review purchasing cart
- Download the PDF file with full information
- Install via composer (recommend)
Run the following command in Magento 2 root folder:
composer require ecomteck/module-share-cart php bin/magento module:enable Ecomteck_ShareCart php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Install via FTP Download module files: Ecomteck_Core: https://github.com/ecomteck/module-core/releases Ecomteck_ShareCart: https://github.com/ecomteck/module-share-cart/releases Mpdf lib: https://packagist.org/packages/mpdf/mpdf
Upload Ecomteck_core, Ecomteck_ShareCart to webroot of your site Upload Mpdf lib zip file to lib/internal folder and decompress it. Run commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
Share Cart Extension allows the store owners to add an extra button which is Share Cart while a customer is processing their purchasing.
The button can be displayed in the Minicart section and Shopping Cart Page. By clicking this button, the customer can copy their shopping cart’ s URL and paste to a destination just in the blink of an eye. When the URL recipient clicks on the shared URL, their current shopping cart will be automatically added with the same items.
For the cart which contains a large number of items, Share Cart module allows the customers to view a shot summary easily with Text - another extra button.
When the customer hit the Text button on their Shopping Cart Page, a pop-up text can be seen, it appears as a purchase summarizing box. This little simple button supports customers in taking a clear overview of chosen items with necessary information such as items’ name, price, quantity and the cart total.
PDF button is another extra button with the function to download. When the customer hits this button, a PDF file will be downloaded and stored automatically in the user's current device. In comparison to the Text button with quick view function, PDF's function allows the customer to get detail information such as:
- Information of store: Company Name, Address, Email, Phone, VAT Information, Registered Number, and Warning Message
- Date of the purchase
- Purchase summary: Quantity, Price, Total, Stock ID, Descriptio
Update button is for updating the shopping cart with the latest changes from the original cart.
Admin is able to add a message to the PDF file, as a notice to customers (for instance, informing about the validation of the file downloaded).
The module is properly responsive with both mobile and desktop devices.
- Enable/ Disable the module
- Enable/disable the extension
- Be able to set the PDF file name
- Add the timestamp suffix which shows the PDF file downloaded time
- Add information of the store including Company name, Address, Phone, Email, VAT Number, Registered Number
- Display a warning message to notify customers in the PDF file
- Quickly and easily share the shopping cart
- Briefly view the shared shopping cart
- Download and store the PDF with adequate information
- Access to your Magento 2 Admin Panel, navigate to
Store tab > Open Settings > Configuration
Ecomteck > Share Cart > Configuration, go to
- Enable: Choose
Yesto enable the Module. If the module is turned on, all the features work well. Otherwise, all the options in admin panel and the module will not show.
- Enable: Select
Yesto enable the extension
- File Name: Insert name for PDF file. The PDF file will display the customer’s order information
- Add Timestamp suffix: Click
Yesoption to display the current time to upload PDF document
- Company Name: Insert your company name in this field
- Address: Fill the company’s location
- VAT Number: Provide information about Value Added Taxes number
- Registered Number: Insert your company registered number
- Phone: Insert phone number
- Email: Another needed contact detail is the email address
- Warning Message: This field is for the special content you want to notice in the PDF orders. For instance: Prices are correct at the time of generation, some possibly have been changed since.
After activating the module, customers can use Share Cart button to deliver the URL to people which they want to share the cart. After sharing, there will be already-added items in the cart of the URL recipient.
Share Cart button displays in the Minicart section when adding items to cart.
Display play Share Cart button on Shopping Cart page, customers can click this button to share the cart URL.
Customers can click Update Shopping Cart to re-update information and changes in the original cart.
Click Text button to see detail information about products and price.
Click on PDF button to see the order information.
PDF library setting instruction
You need to delete the generated file and run the following command:
composer require mpdf/mpdf