A template for docker based Yii 2 applications
A template for Yii 2 applications based on the codemix/yii2-base docker image.
- Ephemeral container, configured via environment variables
- Testing container for easy testing
- Optional local configuration overrides for development/debugging (git-ignored)
- Base scaffold code for login, signup and forgot-password actions
- Flat configuration file structure
- Supports docker image based development workflow
yii2-base image comes in three flavours:
- Apache with PHP module (based on
- PHP-FPM (based on
- HHVM (based on
composer create-project --no-install codemix/yii2-dockerized myproject cd myproject cp docker-compose-example.yml docker-compose.yml cp .env-example .env docker-compose up # From another terminal window: docker-compose run --rm web ./yii migrate
Note: If you don't have
composerinstalled locally you can also use our docker image to run composer:
docker run --rm -v /srv/projects:/var/www/html codemix/yii2-base:2.0.12-apache composer create-project --no-install codemix/yii2-dockerized myproject
It may take some minutes to download the required docker images. When done, you can access the new app from http://localhost:8080.
If you see an error about write permissions to
runtime/ it's because
the local file owner id is different from
1000 which is the
www-data user in the container.
To fix this, try:
docker-compose run --rm web chown www-data web/assets runtime
Please check the Wiki for full documentation.