Set Links with a specific language parameter
This is a TYPO3 extension that allows an editor to select a specific language when linking to a page in the TYPO3 Backend.
Big instances with multiple page trees and loads of languages per tree might bring trouble when allowing to link to a page in a different language.
The simplest way would be to link to the login page in a different language, with an automatic redirect.
However the real strength of the extension pays off when having multiple page trees with different languages to link to a properly available news.
The extension adds an additional select dropdown to editors in the Link selector popup, when linking an image, or linking a text in the Rich Text Editor. This dropdown is always enabled when the extension is installed, no configuration needed.
You can set this up via composer (
composer require cmsexperts/link2language) or via
TER (extension name "link2language"), it runs with TYPO3 v8 LTS, TYPO3 v9 LTS and TYPO3 v10 (use v0.1.0 for v7 LTS).
The extension is licensed under GPL v2+, same as the TYPO3 Core.
For details see the LICENSE file in this repository.
- Editors can choose any language right now, this should be limited to the editor rights.
- The dropdown should only show up if there are actually multiple languages in the system.
- The labels should be localizable.
- It is not possible to modify the "L=" parameter, if any other is used.
- The extension removes any additional parameters after &L= from the links selected, this might especially be a problem when other extensions extend the page linking as well.