Migrations Plugin for CakePHP
The Migrations plugin enables developers to quickly and easily manage and migrate between database schema versions.
As an application is developed, changes to the database may be required, and managing that in teams can get extremely difficult. The Migrations plugin enables you to share and coordinate database changes in an iterative manner, removing the complexity of handling these changes.
- Console: The console script allows you to run migrations up and down.
- Installation: Migrations can also be run programmatically via an installer script.
- ORM: The Migrations plugin makes use of the CakePHP ORM and supports all databases provided by the framework.
We highly recommend to not run the Migrations plugin in a production environment directly without doing a backup first.
However, you can make use of the
after() callbacks in the migration files to add logic which triggers a backup script.
- CakePHP 2.5+ (We recomment latest 2.x)
- PHP 5.3.0+ (We recommend php 7+)
For documentation, as well as tutorials, see the Docs directory of this repository.
For bugs and feature requests, please use the issues section of this repository.
Commercial support is also available, contact us for more information.
This repository follows the CakeDC Plugin Standard. If you'd like to contribute new features, enhancements or bug fixes to the plugin, please read our Contribution Guidelines for detailed instructions.
Copyright 2007-2014 Cake Development Corporation (CakeDC). All rights reserved.
Licensed under the MIT License. Redistributions of the source code included in this repository must retain the copyright notice found in each file.