A Drupal module to integrate Bynder with the Media module
This module has now been deprecated and is no longer supported or maintained by Bynder. The new version of the module gor both Drupal 7 and 8 has been released and can be found in the Bynder Drupal project page.
Please refer to the project page for the latest source code, documentation and to report any issues/requests.
This configuration guide is based on the standard drupal installation, the current version of drupal is 7.x. Any issues can be reported to [github] (https://github.com/Bynder/drupal-media-bynder/issues).
Curl must be installed and enabled to run the Bynder plugin
Download the latest release and copy the bynder module to "sites/all/modules" and rename the folder to "media_bynder" if necessary or rename the zip file to "media_bynder" before uploading.
Upload the following required modules into the folder "sites/all/modules", some modules require additional modules to operate!
- [Media 2.x] (https://drupal.org/project/media)
- [OAuth 1.0 3.x] (https://drupal.org/project/oauth)
- [File Entity 2.x] (https://www.drupal.org/project/file_entity)
- [WYSIWYG 2.x] (https://www.drupal.org/project/wysiwyg)
- [CTools 1.x] (https://www.drupal.org/project/ctools)
- [Views 3.x] (https://www.drupal.org/project/views)
- [CKEditor 3.x] (http://ckeditor.com/download)
Go to the "Modules" panel in your admin view and enable the listed modules.
These settings require a Bynder account, for more information please visit www.getbynder.com
Now if you go to Home » Add content and add new content you will see the 'Add media' button in your WYSIWYG view. Once pressed it will take you to the Bynder module as well and you can add a Bynder image to your content, skipping adding it to the library.
Creates a call to the public Bynder function in /additional/, make sure this is properly configured or ask the Bynder support team.
- Add a Style in Home » Administration » Configuration » Media.
- Add the 'Bynder custom resolution' effect and select a width and height smaller than the source image as it does not support upscaling. Make sure this is the only effect applied.
- Go to Home » Administration » Structure » Content types. Click 'manage fields' for the content type of your choice.
- Add a new field. Make sure 'field type' is set to 'Image' and 'widget' to 'media browser'.
- Click 'Save'. On the next page click 'Save field settings' again.
- Change 'Enabled browser plugins' to 'Bynder' only.
- Change 'Allowed URI schemes' to 'Bynder media' only.
- lick 'Save settings' once again.
- Go to Home » Administration » Structure » Content types. Click 'manage display' for the content type you choose in step 3.
- Set format from '' to 'Image'.
- For your field (named in step 4) press the 'gear icon'.
- Change the 'Image style' to your image style, which you created in step step 1 & 2. If you look at the upper right corner, you will see you just edited this for the 'Default' view mode. You will need to repeat this step for the 'Full content' view mode as well.
- Now you can add new content. Go to Home » Add content. Add here new content of the type specified in step step 3.
- Scroll down and select an image by clicking the 'Browse' button under your added field name.
- Now there should be an image provided by Bynder, with the size specified in step 2, on the content page.