A package for Laravel PHP Framework to add a complete real-time chat system.
A Laravel package that allows you to add a complete user messaging system into your new/existing Laravel application with only a few easy steps.
- PHP >=5.3.2.
- Laravel >=5.4
- Pusher Api Account.
- Users / groups(soon) chat system.
- Real-time contacts list updates.
- Favorites contacts list (Like stories style) and add to favorite button.
- Saved Messages to save your messages online like Telegram messenger app.
- Search functionality.
- Contact item's last message indicator (e.g. You: ....).
- Real-time user's active status.
- Real-time typing indicator.
- Real-time seen messages indicator.
- Real-time internet connection status.
- Upload attachments (Photo/File).
- Shared photos, delete conversation.. (User's info right side).
- Responsive design with all devices.
- User settings and chat customization : user's profile photo, dark mode and chat color. with simple and wonderful UI design.
Video Tutorial on YouTube - Click Here
Follow the steps below :
Quick Note: If you are installing this package in a new project, make sure to install the default user authentication system provided with Laravel.
$ composer require munafio/chatify
This package using Pusher Api, so you need to :
- Create account and modify
.envfile of your Laravel app with your api credentials.
- This package used a Pusher client events, and client events must be enabled for the application. You can do this in the
Settingstab for your app within the Channels dashboard.
Read more about Pusher 'Triggering client events'
Packages' assets to be published :
The Important assets:
and the optional assets :
- controllers (you need to configure this, if published)
to pusblish the assets, do the following command line with changing the tag value .. that means after
chatify- + asset name as mentioned above.
$ php artisan vendor:publish --tag=chatify-config
- NOTE: Publishing assets means (e.g. config) that creating a copy of the package's config file into the
configfolder of your Laravel applications and like so with the other asstes (Package's Views, controllers, migrations ...).
Migrate the new
migrations that added by the previous step
$ php artisan migrate
Create a shourtcut or a symlink to the
storage folder into the
$ php artisan storage:link
<=v5.4 that doesn't support package auto-discovery, add the following provider into
config/app.php providers array list :
... /* * Package Service Providers... */ \Chatify\ChatifyServiceProvider::class, ...
and the following alias into into
... /* * Class Aliases */ 'Chatify' => Chatify\Facades\ChatifyMessenger::class, ...
- After installing the package, you can access the messeneger by the default path(route path) which is
/chatify, and you can change path name in the config file
config/chatify.phpas mentioned in the
You can find and modify the default configurations of the package at
config/chatify.php file that you published in the step 2 of the installation steps .. and all configurations is documented well to be understood by other developers.
- All package’s files is documented to understand the whole code.
This value is the name of the app which is used in the views or elsewhere in the app.
... 'name' => env('CHATIFY_NAME', 'Chatify Messenger'), ...
This value is the path of the package or in other meaning, it is the prefix of all the registered routes in this package.
... 'path' => env('CHATIFY_PATH', 'chatify'), ...
This value is the middleware of all routes registered in this package which is by default :
... 'middleware' => env('CHATIFY_MIDDLEWARE', 'auth'), ...
you don't need to modify the credentials of Pusher from here, because you already added your credentials in the
.env file of your Laravel app.
This is the user's avatar setting that includes :
... 'user_avatar' => [ 'folder' => 'users-avatar', ... ], ...
which is the default folder name to upload and get user's avatar from.
... 'user_avatar' => [ ... 'default' => 'avatar.png', ], ...
which is the default avatar file name for users stored in database .. and when you publishing
assets, a copy of the avatar photo will be copied into your storage path.
This array contains the important default values that used in this package :
... 'attachments' => [ 'folder' => 'attachments', ... ], ...
This is the default folder name for
attachments in the storage which is all the attachments will be stored in .. and also going to be used in attachments urls in the views.
... 'attachments' => [ ... 'route' => 'attachments.download', ], ...
It is the route name of the
download attachments method.
This proprty if you may need to change the namespace of the route's controllers of this package after publishing the 'controllers' asset, from the default one to your App's controllers namespace.
If published to be modified, it should be like:
... 'namespace' => env('CHATIFY_ROUTES_NAMESPACE', 'Chatify\Http\Controllers'),
Laravel 8+ will be supported with chatify v2.
Chatify v2 release date may be delayed because of my job and time by general.
But I promise that
(Chatify v2 will be amazing), so be patience ❤️