Automatically optimise all uploaded & resampled images in Silverstripe
Installs: 12 183
Open Issues: 0
- silverstripe/assets: ^1.10 || ^2.0
- silverstripe/framework: ^4.0 || ^5.0
- spatie/image-optimizer: ^1.6.4
- axllent/silverstripe-scaled-uploads: Automatically scale down large uploaded images
A module to automatically optimise/compress uploaded as well as any resampled (cropped, scaled etc) images in Silverstripe. Images (JPG, PNG & GIF) are automatically optimised, provided you have the correct binaries installed (see "Installation" below).
The module overrides the default
FlysystemAssetStore to and transparently optimises
the image before adding the image to the store.
silverstripe/framework^4.0 || ^5.0
silverstripe/assets^1.10 || ^2.0
- spatie/image-optimizer - automatically installed
- JpegOptim, Optipng, Pngquant 2 & Gifsicle binaries (see below)
The module uses spatie/image-optimizer and will use the following optimisers if they are both present and in your default path on your system:
composer require axllent/silverstripe-image-optimiser
Installing the utilities on Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install jpegoptim optipng pngquant gifsicle
Installing the utilities on Alpine Linux:
apk add jpegoptim optipng pngquant gifsicle
Assuming you have the necessary binaries installed, it should "just work" with the default settings once you have flushed your Silverstripe installation.
For custom optimisation settings, please refer to the Configuration documentation.